Click on the link below to open an overview of the Safety in Numbers Program!
click here to get an Overview of Safety in Numbers
Safety in Numbers is always adding new information such as case studies and assessment tools. In addition, we post articles of interest to Safety and Health Professionals.
Provincial legislation requires metatarsal protection to be provided when there is a significant risk of foot injury. The file link below provides a file that explains when this additional foot protection should be used – including specific recommendations on weight being handled. Other selected resources are provided below to show the type of material provided in Safety in Numbers.
- When is metatarsal protection required?
- Optional Lowering of Heights for which Fall Protection should be Provided
- Extension Cords
- Lower Accident Rates by Lowering Noise Levels
- How can I Make a Saw Quieter
- Concurrent Exposure to Ototoxic Chemicals and Noise
- Real Life Examples of Slips and Trip Hazards
- Importance of Regular Inspections of Storage Racks
Statistics on Scores
As the site becomes populated, average scores for each topic and for overall scores will be posted on the site. Compare your program to your peers!
Respiratory Selection Calculator
Selecting the proper respirator can be complicated. The Respiratory Calculator under development will help you select the best respirator quickly and reliably.