Workplaces should be inspected periodically to identify unsafe conditions. Issues should be tracked until they are corrected. Special attention should be directed during periods of shut down. During shut down, the nature of the work changes and thus the hazards change as well. Studies have shown a spike in both fatalities and adverse chemical reactions during periods of shut down.
Does your workplace have this issue?
Workplace Inspections performed at least yearly for offices, quarterly for manufacturing and weekly for construction?
Records of Inspections kept?
Inspections performed by joint Committee?
Unsafe conditions corrected in a timely manner?
Frequency of appropriate for type of workplace? ?
Types of hazards identified by inspections recorded? ?
Severity of hazards identified by inspections recorded? ?
Inspection results graphed and reviewed by Safety Committee?
Inspection process varied to prevent "staleness" ?
Professional assistance with inspection within the last 3 years? ?
- Purpose of Inspections
- How to Perform Inspections
- Frequency of Inspections by Industry
- Hazard Classification Codes
- Classes of Hazards
- Rating of Severity of Hazards
- Varying the Focus of Inspections
- inspection Checklist - manufacturing
- Different Focus and Increased Frequency of Inspections during Shut Down
- Bringing in a Safety and Health Professionals to help with Inspections