A sensitizer is defined as a chemical that will lead to an allergic response following contact. Sensitization includes an induction phase in which the immune system learns to react. This is followed by an elicitation phase in which clinical symptoms arise upon subsequent exposure to the chemical, usually at a lower concentration.
This is a supplemental topic so it does not appear on or contribute to your dashboard.
Topic is under Development
- The Process of Dermal Sensitization
- Key Points about Sensitization
- Scale of Sensitization Potential
- Table of Common Sensitzers
- ACGIH Sensitizer Notation
- Case Study of Dermals Sensitization - Gluteraldehyde