Eating in Prohibited Areas
Some workplaces have material that can pose a hazard by ingestion. These can include manganese, lead, hexavalent chromium and others. Steps should be taken ensure that workers do not eat or drink on the shop floor and that the lunchroom is clean. This module provides information and standards for testing lunch rooms for possible ingestion hazards.
- Background Information
- Ventilation Requirements for Lunchrooms
- Typical Ingestion Hazards
- How to Test for Surface Contamination
- Best Practices for Eating Areas
- Proper Handwashing Technique
- Surface Contamination Standards
- Effectivness of Controlling Ingestion through Education
- Real Life Case Study
- Need help with a possible ingestion issue?