Occupational Skin Disease (OSD) is the most common industrial disease. Yet it is often overlooked. In some cases, because there is no way to track or record occupational skin disease, it is not seen as an issue. In places like the United Kingdom, Germany and even other Canadian Provinces. dermatitis is very much on the radar.
This section deals with conditions that cause skin disease. A separate topic is being developed that addressed absorption of chemicals through the skin so that they contribute to total worker exposure.
This topic is under development
- Test your Knowledge of Skin Disease
- The Cost of Occupational Dermatitis
- What Substances Cause Dermatitis?
- Occupations at Risk of Skin Disease
- Wet Work
- Skin Notations
- Measuring Dermal Exposure
- Ways to Reduce the Risk of Skin Disease
- The Proper Use of Gloves