This is a supplementary information topic. This section is to provide reference material on the topic. As this is not a specific topic in the legislation, this section is not scored and will not add to or appear on your dashboard.
Many types of dusts are combustible. Dust accumulates on floors, rafters and equipment. This accumulated dust can be fuel for a devastating explosion that can destroy a building in seconds.
- Basic Concept of Combustible Dust Explosions
- Industries at Risk of Dust Explosions
- Examples of Past Combustible Dust Explosions
- 5 Things to Know about Combustible Dust
- Combustible Dust Ignition Sources
- Classification of Explosion Proof Lighting
- Combustible Dust and Safety Data Sheets
- Comparison of Definitions in CEC and NFPA
- How Much Dust Accumulation is Too Much Dust
- Combustible Dust Testing
- Need your Dust Tested to see if it is Combustible?
- Combustible Dust Controls