Asbestos Building Audits
Some older buildings may have asbestos-containing material in them in the form of pipe insulation, plaster, spray on insulation, floor tiles, ceiling tiles, etc. Workplaces are required to conduct an inspection of their workplace to determine if/where asbestos is present in their building and prepare a written inventory. Any asbestos-containing material should be inspected at least annually to ensure it stays in good condition. This section does not address asbestos that may be present in objects or materials brought into the building (e.g., gaskets).
- Worksafe Manitoba Bulletin - Managing Asbestos
- Asbestos Operations Maintenance Guideline
- Types of ACM found in Buildings
- Elements of an Asbestos Control Plan
- Necessary Content for Worker Training
- Asbestos Labeling
- how many samples should I take?
- Periodic Background Air Sampling for Asbestos
- Classification of Damage
- Asbestos Risk Calculator
- Asbestos in Drywall Joint Compound Study
- No risk from Intact Asbestos-Containing Material
- Case Study - Boiler Room Inspection
- Hazard Assessment of Asbestos in Gaskets